View Single Post
Old 05-02-15, 08:09 AM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
This Nishiki Century was donated to our church's Bicycle Ministry. I worked on it to prepare it for a new home. It's in great shape only needing some minor adjustments, a chain lube and air in the tires. The serial number is CA80?604. There appears to be a character between "0"and "6", but it was not distinguishable and may just be a punch miss. Also on the bottom bracket housing was "BK12" but this was not next to the serial number. The rims are alloy and it has index shifting. From literature and decals I was able to determine this is a 1988 model. No doubt about it, it's a perfect match. The color is called "Gloss Cobalt Blue". I checked the stays and dropouts, there was no Giant number configuration visible so I'm guessing this was not manufactured by Giant. Note the vintage mileage computer on the right fork.