View Single Post
Old 05-02-15, 09:46 AM
sirtirithon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hit and run on yesterday's commute

I was enjoying a sunny 65 degree ride home yesterday afternoon when I heard a vehicle approach from behind. I gave it no thought because I was in the center of a clearly marked bike lane. Then all of a sudden it came up right next to me matching my speed and proceeded to side swipe me forcing me to the right and I felt something smack into my back with great force. I struggled to maintain control and they passed me, continuing to swerve around. I could hear them yelling. I responded with choice words and gestures of my own. I couldn't get the license plate. I saw the SUV behind them speed up in pursuate. Both vehicles disappeared around the bend, and a minute later the SUV came back and flagged me down. The gentleman had witnessed the incident and followed them to photograph the vehicle and license plate! With this information I was able to file a police report and I have a witness phone number. Just goes to show you never know when some A hole will have it out for you. From what I and the witness can tell the passenger punched me in the back as they side swiped me. Hopefully the police charge them with something. I am fine aside from a sore back.