View Single Post
Old 05-07-15, 12:30 AM
bareyb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpecialX
This is my 1st and only ebike I've ever owned...
Actually this is the second one of the exact same type, just because I needed another frame as the original one had a crack in the downtube and I didn't trust it (obviously) and I needed a spare motor.. I bought both used..

That was kinda my point with the whole, "IF you have time/DIY skills". I read a LOT about e-bikes and their associated parts before I upgraded my bike.. Took advice from a bunch of people and used my basic carpentry skills to build the large box on the back of my bike. (Along with tinkering with 12v systems for my electronics - Blinkers, brake light, etc).

My advice to people just starting out is to buy a basic electric bike and learn about the nuances first and then spend some good money on parts and build your own to your specific needs of range and speed.. Again IF you have the desire and ability.

If not, then at least start with a basic ebike, learn about how it works and then when you figure out what your specific needs are for the future , go out and purchase a well established brand that fits those needs.
What you've done is called a "Thread Crap". How about you let the OP enjoy his new build and STFU? Nobody asked for your advice nor does anyone with brain need it.

Last edited by bareyb; 05-07-15 at 12:36 AM.