Old 05-08-15, 05:02 PM
Zephyr11
Pint-Sized Gnar Shredder

Bikes: '09 Jamis Komodo, '09 Mirraco Blend One, '08 Cervelo P2C, '08 Specialized Ruby Elite, '07 Yeti AS-R SL, '07 DMR Drone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SilentValor
Thanks for all the replies. Yea I am fully set on getting a hardtail at this point. I went to a local bike dealer and he has this X-caliber 6 and a Rockhopper for about $730 each, they are 29's which I think I am gravitating more towards over the 650b.

Specialized Bicycle Components

X-Caliber 6 - Trek Bicycle

I guess my only question now is if those are really a much better bike than the Diamondback Overdrive Sport that costs only $530 on amazon.com. Now I would have to pay for it to get assembled which would bump the price up to $600, and I do like the idea of buying from a local bike shop rather than online since they provide free lifetime adjustments and let me test ride the bikes before buying but is the X-calibur or Rockhopper really worth the $200 or so more it will cost?
The advantage to buying locally is you can test ride the bike. Plus it's nice to have a relationship with the local shop. All bikes have slightly different geometry, and will fit and ride a little different. Ride the two in the store and go for the one that fits and feels better for your body's structure.