I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,534 Times in 1,044 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
Probably because NO ONE is doing such research. It isn't a pressing problem, no one* really cares about cyclists in general... and no statistical database is going to reflect injuries by cyclists roughly attributable to headphone use.

So there is no funding for any such research, and there is no one to gather the data that you insist upon.

We do know however that distraction from any activity can lead to poor performance in that activity... so if you are listening to music via headphones so you can be distracted... well your performance can be reduced.

But go on and continue to deny the obvious... it is what you are best at.

Have a nice day.

*no one except cyclists themselves... otherwise, no public agency, police or insurance department really gives a hoot... and some of these groups would wish cyclists just went away.
Same old, same old A&S BSing about bicycling safety and comparative risk; no data, no stats, no facts of any kind therefore anything stated is just as true or false as anything else; except for what you want to believe, which just must be true!

Any distraction can lead to poor performance? What a mealy mouth pile of vague nothingness! Of course "distraction" can be anything you want to claim is a distraction to include scratching an itch; "can lead to" or doesn't lead to, take your pick, eh? "Poor performance" as measured by what metric?

Last edited by I-Like-To-Bike; 05-09-15 at 01:23 PM.