KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I guess the recent comments point out how Grant has backed himself into a corner. He points out (correctly in my view) that there is too much marketing hype. But he is in the business of selling bike stuff, so he has to market it, which includes at least implying, if not stating, that his stuff is superior. So whether or not there is a contradiction, there will appear to be one.

@rhm maybe we can boil it down by saying you don't need any equipment or training or fitness level in particular to ride a bike; you should just ride.
I see it a little differenty Tom. GP the advocate sells cycling to people who will never buy one of his bikes because cycling is important to him. When I heard him on NPR his marketing consisted of telling people a $400 bike is good enough for them.

GP the guy who has to make a living sells small numbers of bikes he wants to make and ride and has discovered there is a dedicated group that likes his approach and buys them. I don't think his approach mandates destroying what others like, I think it involves marketing an image that will appeal to some.