Old 05-18-15, 11:01 AM
Jarrett2

Bikes: Steel 1x's

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Haff
The warranty limiter is what I worry about. I would hate to crush a $2k bike and then have no way to get it back. I'm currently somewhere between 280 and 290 lbs, so the 240 number would be unfortunate, especially since not all the roads near me are without bumps and when its hill time I'll be putting a lot of oomph on the pedals.

I'm not sure I'll even like the thing, I need to find a place to test ride it too.
It's a great bike at a great price, not much not to like.

When I asked my LBS what the weight limit on my Roubaix was, they said no limit. I had already looked and knew it was 240 lbs, but the guy that sold it to me told me that weight was not an issue. And since they are the ones that do the warranty, I took them at their word. 2600 miles later, the bike is holding up well. I ride hard on some really bad country roads as well. I've accidentally come off a two foot curb on it. Was forced to take it down a beat up gravel road for several miles on a mini tour, the carbon had no problems with any of that. The wheels and tubes are where the issues can come in, not typically the frame/fork.