View Single Post
Old 05-18-15, 06:21 PM
Giacomo 1 

Bikes: Colnago Super, Basso Gap, Pogliaghi, Fabio Barecci, Torelli Pista, Miyata 1400A

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by DiabloScott View Post
It seems to me the locations of point sprint lines are frequently not very well thought out. If the strategy is to get sprinters to go for the points jersey then why do they put the lines in places where breakaways are likely? Guys going for points don't go in breakaways and guys in breakaways just ignore the points - that's real exciting to see a break roll across the line as if it weren't there. ?
I think your right about breakaway riders ignoring intermediate sprint points, which makes the whole idea a bit of a joke, so...

Why not eliminate breakaway riders from getting intermediate sprint points and only award them to peloton riders, the riders that care about the points? In other words, if your in the break, there are no intermediate sprint points available to you. They're non-existent to you. If you want those points, stay in the peloton. I'm probably wrong, but I can't remember the last green jersey winner of a tour in a break.

That could be problematic to those that don't believe the green jersey is a sprinters jersey, and I get that to...