View Single Post
Old 02-23-03, 11:08 AM
Ge|atinousFury

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by tokus
Hey, how do you like the increased suspension travel as far as geometry goes. Is it still decent on the climbs and tight singletrack? I'm thinking about upgrading from the 80 mm skareb to a marz' 105 mm MX Comp/ETA on my stumpie HT (when i get it, 19'' aren't available to my LBS yet so I'm saving some extra money for more upgrades so I can have the perfect bike for me when it is available. ) I've been hitting the downhills faster lately and I'm worried the lightweight skareb won't be enough for me (I'm a bit of a clydesdale at about 190). Oh ya and nice bike love the new rims.
Thanks for the compliments Tokus (and everyone else). I can't speak for the 125mm setting because I haven't needed that much travel yet, but for the 100mm setting, the slight geometry change hasn't bothered me any. The bicycle handling is still great. I did tell the LBS to take 2 of the 3 spacers out between the headset and the stem to lower the handlebars by about an inch, though. While that didn't change the geometry of the frame any, it does feel more comfortable than with the spacers installed.