View Single Post
Old 05-26-15, 07:44 AM
MorganTweedman

Bikes: Never enough, but perhaps one too many!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When I was a kid, my eldest brother decided to educate me in the ways of Association Football. He had recently secured a position at the Holdsworth works, in Penge and was making, what was at the time, good money. Naturally, wanting to scratch as many itches as possible, our route took us past Roberts, Allin’s and the then closed Jensen Cycles too! My brother was in heaven and it didn’t take all that long for me to get smitten, too. Within a year I had my first road bike (a Carlton Continental) and haven’t looked back. All of that seems a very long time ago, now. However, I still retain my love of football; I still have and love a Carlton Continental and now, in my second childhood, I own both a Jensen and an Allin. The right period Roberts, in my size, is proving to be a lot more elusive.
Your bike is beautiful and so typical of that era. I quite often get up that way, visiting my mum. So, if you hear the sound of a Lucas bell, ringing furiously behind you, it’ll be me riding some British Steele.
MT.

Last edited by MorganTweedman; 05-28-15 at 12:57 AM.