View Single Post
Old 05-31-15, 05:30 PM
decosse

Bikes: 2014 Specialized Vita Sport, 2014 Lapierre Sensium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Politics aside, according to this article (though it is 8 years old) Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling Team » My Un-Conventional Ride and all the others I've read, John Kerry is a serious and fit cyclist. This shop owner may have been a bit starry-eyed, but according to all accounts, it seems he treats people pretty decently on a one-to-one basis. Swiss bike shop owner saves Kerry's bicycle - LA Times ,and John Kerry's Mechanical | Bicycling. So respect on those 2 counts.

As far as transporting his bike on government vehicles? Meh. I'm sure the cargo hold of that Boeing had plenty of room without any added taxpayer cost. His security detail uses SUVs and vans to transport him, luggage and staff, so I imagine a little room was found in one of them as well. I doubt it required another vehicle.

I did notice-though he can afford to have any bike- he rides a ten year old American designed and built one- Serrota is a high quality and respected marque. Not waving the flag here- after all, my bikes are respectively Italian, American, and French, with the frames (though designed in their origin countries) likely made in Taiwan. Just noting.

So as one cyclist to another- I wish him well and hope his injury heals quickly.

Last edited by decosse; 05-31-15 at 05:34 PM. Reason: syntax