Old 06-08-15, 01:43 PM
kickstart

Bikes: 2005 Gazelle Golfo, 1935 Raleigh Sport, 1970 Robin Hood sport, 1974 Schwinn Continental, 1984 Ross MTB/porteur, 2013 Flying Piegon path racer, 2014 Gazelle Toer Populair T8

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty View Post
I don't think it matters whether it's a cyclist in this situation. I know many people who drive as though if they're not passing then they're not winning.
Exactly that,
Cyclists are typically slower than other vehicles which means that most other road users will want to pass them, that's just the way it works when there are variations in speed. Unfortunately this apparently leads to a persecution complex or feeling of inferiority for a few people. Heck, I knew someone who got mad at people who didn't walk up escalators because they were holding them up.
Its important to remember that for most people driving is just something that stands in the way of their destination. Where as for cyclists the journey is most often just as important as the destination, therefore there's a conflict from the get go even without the difference in speed.