Old 06-12-15, 12:26 PM
torchd

Bikes: 2015 Specialized CrossTrail Sport Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattyb13
I have the 2015 Crosstrail Expert disc and my fiancé' has the 2014 Crosstrail sport disc. Both awesome bikes and we love them. I would be careful of a medium at your size IMO. I am 5'-10" and 170 and I am at the high end of a medium. You would need a large in my opinion but if you like a smaller bike maybe its just fine. Matched comparable model to model the Specialized Crosstrail usually beats the Trek out on components but Trek DS series are awesome bikes as well. I will say this… IF you can find or afford the Comp or Expert disc they are far lighter and feature much nicer components. Maybe a 2014 Comp disc? I had that model last year and it was badass! Good luck. You will love a Crosstrail at any level.
When I straddled the Large, my "boys" were resting on the frame ever so slightly. I did the same thing on a Medium and I felt like I had a little more room.. Maybe "the boys" were hanging lower bc that day it was 92°F outside lol.

I did the grab test (grab the neck of the handle bars and stalk of the seat) and it felt like I had a little more room with the Medium..... The Comp Disc at the moment is out of my price range.