View Single Post
Old 06-15-15, 07:41 AM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
There are some who have made an art form out of selecting a saddle, systematically trying dozens of saddles. Different brands, models, materials, isolating each quality until finally finding the perfect saddle and they're set for life.

That doesn't work for everyone - just saying, in case you start down that road and don't actually need to. There are very large individual differences, in the bone shapes, flexibility, muscles and weight, so that nothing can really be generalized. I think that the shape is more critical than is padding and construction. In fact my saddle has no padding at all and I'm fine wearing thin running shorts. But that doesn't hold for other people either.

I think that it's best to stick with the road saddle and padded shorts for a few weeks and see if you adjust to it. The reason is, is that it's probably pretty generic and more likely to be acceptable for most people and it does take time to fully adapt. Then if comfort doesn't improve, or pain persists, change something.