View Single Post
Old 11-10-05, 12:41 AM
TrevorInSoCal

Bikes: IRO Jamie Roy (fixed-gear commuter), Gary Fisher Rig 29er SS, Trek Madone 5.5, Specialized Allez Comp, Marin Mt. Vision Pro, Specialized M2 Hardtail, beater Nishiki fixed-gear conversion, Gary Fisher Rig 29er SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
All this talk of bum-bikes reminds me of sight on my commute home one day this past summer.

I'm cruising through a less-than-desirable area of the nearby city where I work and commute to. Approaching from the other direction is some dude on your average 10-speed bum-bike. Some sorta 10-speed beater, upturned handlebars, etc. Guy is in ratty jeans, t-shirt, meshback hat with scraggly, long, hair (may have been a mullet, couldn't tell for sure) coming out the back, and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

So far nothing unusual, this is San Bernardino after all. I give him the same courteous nod I give to anyone I encounter on a bike, and about that time the guy pulls a wheelie, rides it for a bit, and then takes *both* hands off the bars and rides that for a few more pedal strokes before grabbing the bars again and dropping the front wheel.

Don't see that every day.

-Trevor