View Single Post
Old 06-22-15, 07:26 PM
rideBjj

Bikes: Cannondale Supersix Evo HiMod - Sram Red

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Recumbants seem super cool to me, due in no small part to how much faster some of them are than an upright. I could see building one up as a commuter to minimize the time and effort needed to get to work on time.

A few days ago I was out on a ride and passed an old guy (with a little beer belly and everything - but no Gandalf beard) on one while slogging up a very long and gradual hill. I passed him about a mile from the top. I said hi, told him his bike was pretty cool and as I was passing, remarked that I'd probably see him again in about 15 minutes. Sure enough, after getting to the top and starting the equally long gradual trip down the other side, there he goes, passing me at at least 30mph.

The rest of the ride I was on was mostly flat, and I did my best to catch back up, but I could only keep him from getting more than 1/4 mile or so ahead. And only then because I probably had 15 years and a lot of fitness as an advantage. If it was my twin on it, forget it. They're just too fast.