Old 06-24-15, 11:30 AM
Shuffleman

Bikes: Colnago CLX,GT Karakoram,Giant Revel, Kona Honk_ Tonk

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ColaJacket
Take them with you when you buy/pick-up the bike. Most shops will do a basic fit for free when you buy the bike there, when you take ownership of the bike.
GH
Great advice. Once you buy the bike they should give you a basic fit at the shop as part of the service. That is standard in the States and I assume that it is the same elsewhere.

Originally Posted by a1penguin
In the US, most bike shops include some kind of a bike fit if you purchase a bike in that price range. Is that not common in the UK? Perhaps you could negotiate and get a discount on a fit. A basic fit is about $50-75 in the US.
If they do not include it in the price than $50 to $75 is pretty much the going rate here. In my market it is more in the $50 range but every market is different.

Originally Posted by K.Katso
Both of those are perfectly good bikes. If you want some more options, maybe check these out too:

https://www.canyon.com/en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3577

Both are sub-£1000
Canyon is an excellent choice. You have to make sure that you are in a market that they do business though. If you do buy from them than you will need to take it to a lbs for a fitting as Canyon is mail order only. Great bikes though.
The Trek and Giant that you are looking at are nice as well. The Felt Z recommendation was another good one. I think that Giant, Felt and Canyon give you a little more bang for the dollar but either way it is hard to go wrong with any of them. Most bikes in the same price range are very similar. Go with the one that you like the looks of the most if you are struggling with the decision. It is all a matter of personal preference anyway. I happen to like Felt and Canyon more than I like Trek and Giant. Somebody else may feel the exact opposite. The reality is that they are all really nice bikes.