Old 06-25-15, 01:50 PM
joseangelusa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Purchase advice: Misceo Trail 2.0 vs Marin San Rafael DS30 vs Scott Sporster 40

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but I've been reading quite a lot. I want to get a new hybrid bike for myself. I know the general advice is to try a bike and then go with the one that feels best. Between these three bikes, the San Rafael and Scott feels both good and I haven't tried the Misceo Trail but the frame is very similar so I would think it would feel ok too (I'm not too picky either).

Ok, so the Raleigh Misceo Trail 2.0 is a 2013 that I can get online for $430 at the door. The Marin San Rafael DS30 2015, I can get in my local shop for $438 (inc. tax) and the Scott Sportster 40 2015 I can get it in the same shop for $492. My frame size is about medium or 17".

My teenager neighbor fixes/tunes bikes, he's pretty good and he helped before to troubleshoot and fix issues with other bikes in the family. He will put the Misceo Trail bike together and tune it if I go that route (so that'll add an additional $20 to the final price). The other bikes will be setup and tuned in the shop.

The Raleigh seems to be like the better deal, it has better components than the other two (somehow different than the Scott which has hydraulic disc brakes although is a little more expensive).

By the way, what is the deal with older bikes showing better components? are the trying to keep the price the same through the years?

My riding is going to be with the family mainly, I got small kids so nothing crazy. A mix of street, road and unpaved paths (less so for now).

So based on all of that I was just thinking to get the cheapest of the three although that put the Raleigh and Marin on par.

Any advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks.
= J =

Last edited by joseangelusa; 06-25-15 at 01:52 PM. Reason: adding comment