View Single Post
Old 11-11-05, 09:16 AM
markf

Bikes: '93 Bridgestone MB-3, '88 Marinoni road bike, '00 Marinoni Piuma, '01 Riv A/R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Allycat24
My husband and I just completed a VBT trip to Tuscany in Oct and it was a great trip! We had 2 Italian guides who were knowledgeable about Italy and Tuscany and of course, we had a detailed review of the ride each day. Accommodations were in very nice Agritourist hotels and one 5 star resort. All hotels were nice but we especially enjoyed the agritourist hotels because they were on working vineyards or olive farms. This trip was rated easy/moderate, with mileage varied around 22-45 miles, with shorter/longer options available. After doing a lot of research, I thought VBT provided the best price for this trip. I was also impressed with VBTs planning and organizing. We got top service in Italy, from the greeter at the airport, bus drivers, and hotel staff. Plus, our two guides, Marco and Claudio, were terrific! We definitely plan to do another bike trip with VBT, probably the challenging ride through Tuscany.
Glad you had fun. I will say that the Italian tour leaders that I met while working with VBT seemed like a much more pleasant and capable bunch than the French, Spanish, Dutch and American tour leaders that I worked with on the Austrian tour. Very soon after I started with VBT I got the impression that manabgement took a lot less interest in the Austrian tour than in the Italian and French tours.