View Single Post
Old 07-01-15, 08:29 AM
kickstart

Bikes: 2005 Gazelle Golfo, 1935 Raleigh Sport, 1970 Robin Hood sport, 1974 Schwinn Continental, 1984 Ross MTB/porteur, 2013 Flying Piegon path racer, 2014 Gazelle Toer Populair T8

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
Where are you getting this "illegal" stuff from? When a lane is too narrow to share (almost all travel lanes), I control it by not riding at the edge and making it clear that a lane change is required to pass. On a 2-lane road if I'm on a blind hill or curve, or I can see oncoming traffic that the motorist behind me may not see, I motion for them to stay back until it's safe so they don't try something stupid. What makes you think that is illegal? It's about safety for all road users.

LAB's TS101 teaches some of the same principles about lane control, also. Do you dogmatically oppose them, also?

My TS101 instructor used the Street Smarts booklet written by John S. Allen, and *surprise* he's a CS instructor also!
VC dogma is VC dogma, whatever its form. Using legitimate safety instruction to sow anti cycling ideologies is just back door deception.

Ones duty and responsibility is to their own actions, traffic control is for those duly authorized to engage in those activities. Ride where you choose, but don't try to make those choices for other road users.