Old 07-01-15, 08:49 AM
spare_wheel

Bikes: NA

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
Okay buddy, you continue to ride in fear of getting clobbered by 2-ton vehicles, and I'll continue to ride with almost no negative interactions or problems whatsoever, communicating with motorists and paying attention to my surroundings.
you do that. just don't expect my sister, father, or cohabitant to what was that word again..."integrate"...with multi-ton vehicles (driven by inattentive people). nothing gives me more joy than flowing through the evil river of traffic but to actually expect others to ride like i do is akin to insanity. likewise cycling savvy teaches default cycling techniques that will only appeal to a narrow cross section of the population.

I agree with you about bike laws being discriminatory. That's why FTR laws and 3FP laws need to be repealed and replaced with full lane rights for cyclists, with no exceptions.
i essentially advocate for the right of cyclists to do pretty much whatever they want (as long as it does not interfere with the right of way of others) but the use of "no exceptions" in that comment is a tell. there are always exceptions. i expect exceptions and am more than willing to make use of exceptions to get around my city safely and efficiently.