View Single Post
Old 07-01-15, 03:00 PM
mrtornadohead
dork. yup.

Bikes: Trek xo2, Fuji Cross Pro, Schwinn Traveler cross-conversion, Concours, Trek 2300, Takara, Specialized Hard Rock, Bianchi Campione D'Italia, GT LTS Team issue, BikeE, Miyata 110, and some others. Somewhere.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nicholaschase29 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get into the world of biking. Rather than spend full retail price within my budget for a new bike I was hoping to purchase a higher quality used bike for the same price. I've been scouring craigslist for awhile and have come across a 2008 Trek XO2 56cm cyclocross bicycle for $500 (could get for $450 or less) The bike has carbon fiber stem, seat post, fork - Bontrager race lite wheels, saddle and Ultegra components. I have attached below some pictures of the bike. I am 5'11" and think the bike would be a good fit.

As I said I am newbie to the world of biking, but i'm looking for something to do some minor commuting and ride local bike paths. What are some things to look at when I view the bike and would it help to get any more info/pictures of certain components?

Thanks for your help everyone!

I know, a year late, a million dollars short...
But I hope you bought this bike. It's a great bike, pretty light, and $500 is a decent deal for this.
It likely is a 56, but with the downward angle of the photo it makes it look a little odd.

At 5'11", the 56 should be right on. That is my height and I have an identical XO2 in a 56 and it's works great for me.

I ride it everywhere (road, CX, MTB trails) and swap out wheelsets according to terrain. Should you ever decide to part with it, please let me know.