View Single Post
Old 07-04-15, 10:46 PM
etnimiki

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Clifford, I found the bike in New Zealand. I found the same google search results than you. just the women version of an old ad in trademe. The head tube has no more indications than a logo that says world ryder. there is also a sticker on the frame that says mastercycletraders super spec. the bike has some japanese parts, like the wheels (ukairima), taiwanese barakes something 'chi' and the american flag colours on the stickers that i think were just marketing. My guess is that is a japanese bike. I think they import here in NZ a lot of stuff from Japan in the 70s-80s like heaps of cars. the bike is in pretty good condition except for the tyres and inner tubes. It surprising the little rust it has and how good the gears shift. that is suntour hero system. the brakes are with the old double action system. I have found this;

SunTour Hero derailleur

which indicates that bike could be Japanese made in 1987. the tyres are 27x1\4 (32-630) which the local shop needed to order because apparently they don't have it on stock and nothing else suits that. im glad if its japanese, a low quality control department of them will be probably as good as the best in europe-america those days. i think they have great work ethics however not as good as the americans in branding.

it will be cool to know exactly when and where was manufactured.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
5r head tube.jpg (80.7 KB, 10 views)
breaks.jpg (78.9 KB, 11 views)
head tube.jpg (77.3 KB, 10 views)
suntour hero.jpg (81.2 KB, 13 views)
tyre.jpg (67.1 KB, 10 views)