View Single Post
Old 07-05-15, 08:12 PM
Jseis 
Other Worldly Member

Bikes: 1973 Motobecane Grand Jubilee, 1981 Centurion Super LeMans, 2010 Gary Fisher Wahoo, 2003 Colnago Dream Lux, 2014 Giant Defy 1, 2015 Framed Bikes Minnesota 3.0, several older family Treks

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 53 Posts
My Colnago Dream Crossing the C&V river.

I picked up the Colnago Dream Lux about 5 years ago for 3 1/2 Benjamins. Well call it a rescue. Pretty thrashed paint, mismatched wheels, worn cassette. Sort of a Heinz 57 of parts but that's ok cause it's a fun ride with good bones. A decent used set of Colnago branded tbq wheels with chorus hubs, modest upgrades, new cables, bar tape, tires, swapped in a 50 chainwheel for the worn 53 (I'm 60, the 50 is fine).

This year it'll be my 4th STP (Seattle to Portland Classic) on the Dream. I get lots of compliments like "I loved my Dream", "That was my first real bike", "Beautiful bike, tons of character". Along the way I realized I'd turned 60 and the Dream crossed over that C&V threshold and his fast approaching 15 years old. Now I'm really going to have to take care of her. Pretty hard to restore the paint but a version of block sanding with a clear coat will preserve that character.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (99.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (101.2 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by Jseis; 07-05-15 at 08:23 PM.