puckalish

Bikes: Bianchi San Jose

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Total Noob Here, but I'm SOLD on one gear

Just had to drop a line...
When I first picked up my SS (well, flip-flop, but I still haven't tried out the fixed side yet), I had my doubts...
But, dang... I mean, this stallion has shown and proven time and again this Spring and Summer...

I realized that I can pretty well crush most of these $2k+ road bike riders with all their fancy gear on the tiny hills around NYC and if that ain't an ego boost, lol... I almost never miss those other gears (on straightaways or downhill, though... um... that said, given my capacity for judgment, it's probably best I stay under 40mph)...

But, really, I'm writing this post today because I just rode about 45 miles today going to visit my folks and, well... I'm still getting impressed by this ride. Numerous times, I thought I'd eat it because of how bad some of the roads are, but ya gotta love a steel frame. And, with just that one gear, I still made it out faster than it would've taken to take the subway to the commuter rail.

Anyways, I realize I should get some other stuff (padded underwear or cycling shorts for longer rides, panniers, proper pedals), but dang. 45 mi on my lil Bianchi San Jose with a bag on my back and I'm just really, really hungry. HUNGRY.

Not really a question or anything, just expressing my gratitude for simple little bike.

And in disbelief that I stayed away for SS and FG bikes for so long.