Old 07-09-15, 02:56 PM
mwhitefoxm

Bikes: 1987 Cannondale Criterium, Marin Muirwoods 26" Mongoose (a few!) and more

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, I belong to a Non-Profit Org that's all Volunteer, and I rebuild bikes for a lot of our Mentally or Physically Disabled folks around here.
I came across a 1987 Cannondale Criterium with everything but the Chain, Tires or Rims at the Landfill.
That's where I go to find Frames & Parts to rebuild for Free for these folks. Most of them can't Drive, or "Need" to keep in shape.
Now I just have to find out What tires & Rims work for it. And find some pretty cheaply or Free for it, lol.
I'm disabled myself, after being Paralyzed for a year & a half after falling off a 2 1/2 story roof.
After neck Surgery I'm back up and in fair shape, but at 51 yrs old, I want to stay in shape myself after getting back in decent shape myself. After a year & a Half in a Hospital Bed.
But I was impressed with how light this Bike is!
I got it the same place I got my Marin Muirwoods Bike which I love.
Most everything I do is all Volunteer (Absolutely Free!) just because I love helping folks. And it keeps me busy.
But I tear every Bike down to the Bare Frames, remove and repair or Replace all the Cables, Bearings, Tubes, Tires, Gears, etc....
And now the Ragbrai Riders have discovered me, lol. I get a bunch of them bringing me their bikes to fix or get ready for Ragbrai...
Any advice folks on the tires & rims for this Cannondale criterium?
Every now and again, if I find a really Nice Bike that's been thrown away at the landfill I'll rebuild & sell it to help buy more parts for all of my Volunteer repairs to keep helping our Disabled & Homeless folks...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
065.jpg (93.1 KB, 110 views)