Thread: Serotta Atlanta
View Single Post
Old 07-09-15, 07:47 PM
toavii

Bikes: 1989 Tommasini Super Prestige, 1985 Chris Kvale, 1977 Colnago Super, 1992 Serotta Colorado, 1984 Schwinn Cimarron

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Serotta Atlanta

This bike got a little attention in the Ebay/CL thread and I said I'd take some pictures. Not quite sure it exactly fits in a C&V forum given it's a 2000 but here it goes...

I gave it a little attention getting the bulk of the dust and grime off. The Ultegra group can look better yet but I haven't really sat down with it and done so. The original Specialized saddle was tossed aside for a stand-in Pro. And really, if I were to keep it, the fugly threadless stem and post would be the first to go. This bike is a tad on the big side of what I prefer but I couldn't resist it. The paint is nearly flawless. This bike was ridden very sparingly and hung. A very nice old man sold it to me and he was enjoyable conversation, telling me how he came about ordering it. He gave me the 2000 Serotta catalog and his invoice and fitting for this bike.

I have many more pictures but these are what made the cut. I don't know much of these bikes or Serotta in general so anything is appreciated. I can try to answer anything about the bike as well.