Old 07-13-15, 02:10 PM
B. Carfree

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by enigmaT120
I'm jealous. The roads around me are closed to public entry due to fire season, already. They've been doing that for about the past 5 years, since the guy with the 50 caliber started a fire shooting tracers. Whose lands are you riding on?
I'm pretty sure it's Roseburg Lumber land. They have locked gates at the ends of the roads to keep cars out (except during hunting season, when they open them on weekends), but they are apparently okay with human powered passage and all the employees I have ever encountered are fine with me riding through. There are other ways through on BLM land (this is the place where most of that O&C land is), but the logging roads are generally much nicer to ride on; they put them right along the creeks.

When we got to the end of the logging road portion we did pass through a unit that is being harvested. When we looked back at the gate, it had a big sign warning people to not enter because they had guard dogs on site. I guess we went through before the dogs' shift started. We'll give them a couple of weeks to finish up there before we return to that particular junction.