View Single Post
Old 07-15-15, 10:51 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Bugstomper2000
That was my only cycling crash (other than a tire sidewall blowing out on a kids bike and throwing me off a few years ago) , so I don't exactly have a lot of experience with crashes. The crash was mostly my fault, as I was going too fast and not paying enough attention.
Nobody starts off having any experience crashing. It's the school of hard knocks. As long as you stop and think about what you could have done differently to have stayed upright on the bike, that's how you get experience and avoid crashing in the future. It sounds like you have many years of riding ahead of you, and this probably won't be your last crash, it happens, hopefully rarely. Sometimes you could have done something differently, sometimes you couldn't, a little introspection can help you figure out which is which. I crashed more when I was young, then I realized I was taking some risks that weren't really obvious at the time, but I wasn't leaving myself enough of an out if something went wrong ... when you ride enough miles, something is going to surprise you. You're figuring it out, you'lll be fine.

Keep riding.