View Single Post
Old 07-17-15, 04:20 PM
Rex G

Bikes: Bianchi Alloro, Veloce, San Remo, Pista; Rivendell Canti Rom; Zinn custom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ClutchCity
Have you guys tried society cycle works group ride yet? Seems to be growing and they have different paces/groups now as well.
That is not very close to most Houston riders! Even though I live in Bellaire, which is southwest of Downtown Houston, Sugarland is much farther out. I like to ride with a group that starts near enough that it is not necessary to drive to the meet-up point; just getting to Sugar Land and back would be quite a ride, itself.

I noticed that a group of road cyclists meets at Evergreen Park in Bellaire on Saturday mornings, which is mere blocks from me. I asked, and their pace is about 16+ MPH. When I can get my average speed up, I may ask to join them.

I used to ride with a loosely-affiliated group that met at or near the Jewish Community Center in the Meyerland area. The rides would be posted here, in this section of the forum, though the only member name I recall is Tex Arcana, who had a stroke, and stopped cycling. (I had to mostly stop riding when my wife became so hostile to my cycling that I placed my bikes in rented storage, to keep them from being dumped at some resale shop. Now that she has discovered cycling, herself, I can start riding again.)

I liked the JCC as a meet-up point, because it was the perfect distance from my home for a short warm-up ride.

Last edited by Rex G; 07-17-15 at 04:32 PM.