View Single Post
Old 07-19-15, 09:43 AM
Bobbimagee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nakamura review

I purchased this bike about 1.5 months ago. I was in the shop a month later b/c the gears were skipping every time I went over a bump or uphill, which was not only aggravating but dangerous. So they "fixed" it at no cost. Recently I had to apply the brakes to avoid a car that wasn't looking where they were going, and the front brake collapse onto itself. I got it home ok and had to disassemble said front brake and discovered the metal spring broke a piece off (I imagine this metal spring puts tension on the brake mechanism so your brake pads don't rub), so now I have a pretty new bike with no front brake. I think this bike is economical, yet you get what you pay for. Lesson learned. It is made with low grade materials....

Originally Posted by Jozephine
Hi! I just saw a Nakamura Royal in my local sport store. It is a hybrid bike that cost 499$CDN. I use to ride a very old moutain bike (dated 1992!) and decided I would like to upgrade to come to work by bike. I don't look for performance; I just want something nicier and smoother to ride.

I tried to look for information on this brand on the internet and nada. Does anyone know about Nakamura? Is it worth? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!