TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
I wish I would tell you what I was thinking as I was gaining weight. Why I wasn't able to say "This is not good" and take action on my own to change it.
Because you were "big boned" or "it's all muscle under there" or any myriad of excuses everybody here has used. For some reason, looking in the mirror isn't as truth inducing as seeing a photograph of yourself either, and fat people have all kinds of tricks to hid from cameras. "Does this (article of clothing) make me look fat" has to be the most ******** question ever uttered. No, your fat makes you look fat, those jeans just don't hide it as well as that mumu you normally wear.

You know one key thing thin people do that fat people don't? They're active. They move around a lot. Not necessarily exercise, but they're physically busy. Like your ice cream store at the camp site example, who's driving the block to the store?

The other thing fat people do is fool themselves into thinking "Oh, I'm on vacation, or it's the weekend, or just one (sleeve) of oreos won't be a problem." Have you SEEN the size of sodas they serve at fast food joints? Today's small is literally the largest size you would have been able to buy in the 80s, and it's nothing but ice and processed sugars.

Your doctor's approach is interesting - in 2015, his subject would probably think he was inescapably rude and find another doctor. For telling the truth!

I think @MikeRides has identified the chiefest problem - there's more familial support for being fat than there is for being healthy. It all starts with how you load your pantry, too.