Old 07-21-15, 10:26 AM
treebound 
aka: Mike J.

Bikes: 1995 Trek 520 is the current primary bike.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 39 Posts
Too much hassle and time involvement dealing with the after sale situations to make ebay a first choice for me when selling something.

Craigslist has it's moments, goes dead/flat at times, and lots of gamers and no-shows as well.

I have relatives who are using some sort of deal system on facebook, but I'm not sure how it works, but it could work out with peer pressure and publicity if things go sour.

Lately I've been looking into offerup.com and so far I'm iffy about it. Seems more like a parallel to craigslist but not as open to phantoms due to having to register as a user, but even that can be gamed. I may try selling a few things on it to see how it goes for me. The bike I was looking at buying is still posted as available, so who knows if the seller had another buyer or not. In the end it is just another option to buy and sell items without a storefront as a hobby oriented person.

Gamers and scammers are active everywhere these days. As a seller you have to weigh your options and take your chances and decide what is worth the effort to you.

In the mean time I think I'll do a search on fly rods and reels to see what is posted locally.

Last edited by treebound; 07-21-15 at 10:29 AM.