Old 07-22-15, 08:01 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
I'm glad you got everything working.

Is this what the rear brakes look like?

... I see, it is that "extra bit" of cable that is bent to a 90° angle...

Too tight of tolerances.

I would be tempted to just cut the cable short.

Do you have any fine adjustments somewhere?

Yep, those are the brakes. I wouldn't say the tolerances are too tight. They are tight on purpose to make the bike more aero. Everything starts to become a trade-off when you are trying to optimize aero, right? Something's got to give, it's not going to be the same as a regular road bike.

It certainly is an option to cut the extra bit of cable shorter, the mechanic said if its a persistent problem that is one thing you could do, although he personally went with the cable upgrade to the cable type that holds the crimp better. If you cut the cable too short, you might not be able to adjust brakes for wider wheels. And I'm not sure yet what race wheels are going to go on this bike. That decision will be made based upon input from my fitter (who is Mr Aero, does a lot of aero testing on bikes and bike component and people on bikes who care about aero) and my coach (who actually has a more complete picture of me as a cyclist). Those wheels are in motion. Haha.

Its really cool to look at this bike from behind. The entire frame is no wider than the wheels, Fuji has successfully hidden the frame behind the wheels. I can see now why people take bottle cages off these bikes for races. The frame is way narrower than a water bottle, you'd get huge drag from having a bottle on the downtube.