Old 07-22-15, 02:55 PM
sumbikerguy123

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JimF22003 View Post
The 10-speed DI2 is very nice. I had it on two bikes. I still have the 10-speed Ultegra Di2 on one of the bikes.

R. How long have you had the 10 speed Di2 bike? Have you had any issues with the electronics since then, and if so, what issues did you have?

On the other bike that had Di2 10 speed I just last week switched over to an 11-speed Ultegra setup.

The reason was that I needed to get a lower gear for some of the hills I ride. The 11speed setup gives me a 50/34 compact crank with an 11/32 cassette. The 11/32 is basically the same as the 11/28 10-speed cassette I was using before, but with the extra 32-tooth cog. So the spacing and gear selection is similar to what I'm used to except I have that one extra low gear.

I miss the electronic a little, but not as much as you might think. I miss the auto-trim on the FD. FD shifting is fine, but not butter smooth like the electronic. The RD shifting is about the same except you have to push the lever a little farther. I can still shift both derailleurs from the drops.

I could have paid the extra money for the electronic 11-speed Ultegra, since it also will handle the 11/32 cassette, but I'm not missing it too much (yet anyway.)
R. So if you had to choose between one of your bikes, which one would it be, the 10 speed Ultegra Di2 or 11 speed Ultegra bike?

I assume if you had the $$$ you would/could combine the features of both bikes an get a 11 speed Di2 bike, yes?