Old 07-26-15, 01:19 AM
Costas Bras

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MZilliox
you want something real?
here is something real, not somebodies estimate. This bike is on ebay and has not sold, for a while.
Mercier Classic Bicycle 1970s PTS Vintage Steel VGC Campagnolo L'Eroica | eBay
it is in my opinion, as nice as yours in every respect. but I may be wrong. Are you selling it or what?

i see you already linked to this bike, but in a different site. the thing is its not selling, and its brand new.

There are too many nice bikes around. 1000 buys a whole lotta bike
As you already wrote I have quoted this bike ...
As I said before it is inferior as it is a Vitus steel frame not a Columbus and equiped with Weimann and Simplex ... still it has a price tag of 1100 $ !!!
One way or another it is different than mine ...
I cannot find an example with a frame like mine and that's why I'm asking !!!
Columbus frames had a 40% increased price tag back then ...
It seems that Mercier was not as famous in America as it was in Europe ... here it the must have bike for the serious athlete !!!
Maybe that why we have such different price estimation ...
The bike I linked is from a well known and respected Vintage Bike Shop in Germany and for that reason I thought I should post it ...
For example ... I see here many speaking about bikes like Schwinn, Ironman etc that in Europe are not known at all !!!
In the early 80's in Europe, Colnago and Bianchi bikes were concidered inferior to Mercier and Peugeot while I see that in this forum they are very well respected ...
I also don't know what counts in a vintage bike price !!!
You see the bike that I linked is in its original equipment as it came out from the factory ... maybe that is the reason why it has a high price !!!
Mine was bought and assembled piece by piece !!!
First I bought the frame directly from Mercier and then I used as a part donor one like the one I linked ... and whenever I could afford it, I improved it by using Campagnolo, 3ttt etc ...
There are many things I don't know ... that's why I'm asking !!!
And NO ... the bike is NOT for sale !!!
It has too big sentimental value for me as I was racing it for almost 10 years !!!