Old 07-26-15, 10:57 AM
MrCoffee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
I have a hybrid, a very nice one. Not once has anybody made a negative remark about it. In fact, I have received nothing but complements. Around where I'm at, people don't ride for pleasure. They either ride to make money, or they have to get some place that's close enough to where they don't want to have to drag the car out. As for the roadies: I had one ride in front of me a few days ago, center lane. When turning left, the bicyclist stayed in the center lane until he completed his turn. I simply followed. After completing his turn, the bicyclist got back on the right part of the lane, and I passed just like he was driving another car. No big deal. I am sure other motorists would have made it into an issue, but I have a nice vehicle and don't want to get other people upset. And that, my friends, is how I keep the paint on my car nearly perfect. And everybody is happy.

When I ride my hybrid, I stay on the right side of the road, or ride on authorized sidewalks and keep the pace of pedestrians when, or if they are present. I don't take the country roads. I don't bother with trails. I am out there to WORK. Not to play. Not to socialize. Not to cause trouble. Not to get into an altercation. To WORK. Nothing more, nothing less. That's how it's done around these parts.