View Single Post
Old 07-29-15, 10:07 PM
aaronmcd

Bikes: Cervelo S5, Marin Gestalt X11

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 45 Posts
Race report from my second 1/2/3 night at the track. Crash in first race, blew out rear tire and tore the stem off the front, bent several spokes.

I was feeling good after skipping yesterdays workout. 25 lap scratch race. Around 20 guys (and gals). Pace was good and fast. About 10 laps in, 4 guys go for a prime and the rest of us let the go but keep the pace up. A couple more guys move across, but we are really close. I look back to see how many are with us and its just me second wheel and everyone else dropped in ones and twos. So I bridge across and it's seven of us for the rest of the race. 3 to go, still feeling good, attack goes and I jump, then I'm not sure what happened but somehow I was 3rd or 4th into turn 4 when the pace suddenly slowed. I commit to go over just as the guy in front of me starts moving up AND the guy behind me has also committed to going over the top. Some yelling, attempting to squeeze tight and avoid a crash, but me and the guy behind me both cross wheels. Guy behind goes down right away, I wobble and slow down a bit but then dump to the right and roll. Sucks. Had my sights set on a better podium this week. Theres always next week if I get the wheels repaired in time.