Bike Forums - View Single Post - From road bike to hybrid (neck issues). Recommend a great one for longer rides?
Old 08-02-15, 11:15 AM
3949dxer

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Sport, Merida road bike, crappy old MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks again for the additional comments. I ordered the adjustable stem riser and am still waiting for it to come in. sam_cyclist, agree that bike fittings are very important. I went to a well known local guy soon after I bought my bike, and then went back for a small re-tune after my neck issues developed, so I think that is well covered.

avidone1, appreciate your remark about the suspension, I was thinking about that too. I'm not sure whether hitting bumps and cracks makes my neck stuff worse, but it might, and maybe it's better to smooth things out a bit. For 2-3 rides a week it may not matter that much but SF-LA will be 500 miles (exactly, according to the Strava routes I planned out) and that is more of a concern.

limbot, I plan to ride down the coast from SF to Morro Bay, then Santa Maria, Solvang, Santa Barbara via Refugio Road (!), Ventura, and home. Will have several rest days on route, and will be taking it slow compared to most who do the SF-LA route. (I've made reservations at the Army hotel on the Hunter Liggett base near Lucia, anybody ever stayed there? We'll have a shuttle ride over the big hill between there and Lucia.) Am super excited about everything, and expect it to be "trip of a lifetime" material!

Last edited by 3949dxer; 08-02-15 at 11:21 AM.