lostarchitect 
incazzare.

Bikes: See sig

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
I think part of my problem might actually be the amenities. I'm a middle aged home body. The bars open to 4 is a negative to me...and it's so loud at night! I think I'm too boring for a city that truly does never sleep. The working vibe is different as well...people and clients expect to go out for dinner and drinks together. I'm not a big fan of socializing with work connections. The Philly MYOB attitude is somewhat appealing to me...NYC is a lot more friendly.

Hey, as you know, I'm a middle aged homebody too! And I live in ... Brooklyn. My block is pretty quiet, for the most part. Tree lined. Nice houses and buildings. And less than 6 miles riding (mostly on separated paths and bike lanes) to my office in downtown Manhattan. And I know you know this as well, but remember it's a very diverse city. If you can plan out where you live in relation to where you work, you can have that nice quiet block with a comfortable commute, too. I sure do.