View Single Post
Old 08-04-15, 08:44 AM
southpawboston

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Velocivixen
The bike is steel, has a lugged fork & big, wide 650b x 41 tires - frame fits and was actually designed for this sized wheel. No more measuring chain stay clearance and potential brake reach! I already slapped on my beautifully worn in Brooks B17 Special in Honey (now a rich, deep gold). Oh, it has drop bars too with short reach & shallow drop and fits great. Oh, and it's metallic flake PURPLE!

Unfortunately I won't be posting photos here.....it's a 2015 Surly Straggler! Has brifters and Avid BB7 disc brakes. I LOVE riding this bike. Already rode it about 25 miles yesterday, and am installing my Cateye Strada Wireless cyclometer. I do wanna know how far I've taken this baby. I haven't felt this confident on a bike for years.

Anyway, forgive my indulgence. I have no friends on any of the other forums, and I just had to share. I sold my 2011 Cross Check since it was a size too big and I hardly rode it, in order to fund this purchase. I've been waiting a long time to get a new bike and did a lot of research & test rides.
Hey, show pics anyway! If it's not C&V, at least the 650B tire size is classically inspired! And it's steel, right? Post away!

The 650B size is addictive. I now have three 650B bikes, and my wife's only bike is 650B. Three of those four bikes date to 2011 or newer, but that doesn't stop me from shamelessly posting them in C&V .