Marinoni86

Bikes: Kona Jake

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nishiki International

Good morning guys

Just thought I'd share my new acquisition, a friend of mine gave me what I believe is 1978 (as per serial number CH01999) Nishiki International sport series that was sitting outside his house for the last two years I believe it was his fathers..

It was in a really rough shape when I picked it up, broken bottom bracket axle, broken rear wheel axle, very loose headset and the wheels where out of true as if evel knievel jumped a row of buses with it and landed on a flat surface lol. I've seen a few internationals in other post mentionning they had tange tubings but there is no sticker on this one to confirm only a decals saying cromo 3 main tubes..

I managed to replace the broken parts and true the wheels to make it my main commuter and I have to say that it is a blast to ride. I plan on changing the stem and handle bar to make it a bit more confortable to ride. I added a brooks b17 saddle, fenders, tektro levers and replaced the rusty rear rack that came with the bike. I ordered a set of cantilever calipers to replace the current ones since the rear brake wasnt working

I am far from being an expert in vintage bikes but the components seem a little more recent than 78.. Maybe the bike was upgrades along the way.

Here are the specs in case anybody knows about them and could help me date the bike a little better:

Suntour Accushift XCE 4050 derailleurs
Accushift shifters
Diacompe cantilever brakes
Sansin sealed system hubs
Araya japan 700c rims
Hatta Vesta Sealed Japan headset
Sakae sx triple Ovaltech crankset
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
nishiki1.jpg (97.9 KB, 183 views)
seattube.jpg (81.0 KB, 140 views)
fork.jpg (44.6 KB, 144 views)
crank.jpg (63.8 KB, 141 views)
Japan.jpg (44.4 KB, 119 views)
Nishiki decal.jpg (77.1 KB, 115 views)
Serial.jpg (31.9 KB, 115 views)
International decal.jpg (99.9 KB, 113 views)
Designed by Norco.jpg (47.4 KB, 111 views)
Derailleur.jpg (68.5 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by Marinoni86; 08-04-15 at 01:05 PM.