View Single Post
Old 08-04-15, 10:26 AM
jrscpu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello,
I bought a bicycle quite a few years back. Here is the story the Seller told me.
It suppose to be a Schwinn and was a 1989 model. He said once he got the bike,
the paint started to peel off. He had it professionally repainted by a Auto Body shop using
some super durable DuPont Inron paint.
They use to use this high quality paint for aircraft and boats at one time, but the vapors were deadly. I don't think
they spray with it anymore. The paint is a British Racing Green metallic. Literally, it looks like
those special bowling balls that have that rich metallic look. He put the Schwinn Metal logo back,
but never put on any labels or decals again. It weighs about 23.5 lbs. Here is what he put on:
Wolber TX Rims
Sante' Crankset & Brake Set (They look like a Mother of Pearl finish)
Columbus Foderi Lamaniti Chrome fork
The frame says it’s a Cro-Moly and a magnet will stick to the frame so it isn't aluminum.
I add on a Dura-Ace Titanium Seat post with a Lemond Seat
I believe it might be a 1989 Schwinn Circuit due to the components on it.
I carefully today looked for the Serial Number. I found it on the bottom of the frame
where the crank goes thru. It looks like serial number 3902195.
I saw your description on your Schwinn Circuit. What did your Serial Number show??
It's a nice looking bike and is lightweight enough for me, but I just would like to look further
into it's history, if at all possible. Even if you point me into another direction would be appreciated.
Thank you.