View Single Post
Old 08-06-15, 01:01 PM
Fly2High

Bikes: 2014 Specialized Secteur Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
But my question is what do you take on your person, specifically for a ride and where do you carry it? I've become interested more in endurance/mileage rather than speed but have quickly become aware this requires fuel.
Am I the only one to read this? The OP doesn't want what's in your saddle bag or mounted to your frame, only what you carry in your jersey pockets or on your body.

For me, I have some Cliff bars, Honey Stinger waffles or the mini waffles from Trader Joe's. I tend to put a credit card/license carrier from my wallet with a $20 bill and health insurance cards in a zip lock bag with my keys. Since I got a Timbuk2 2015 Goodie Box, I no longer carry the cell phone on me. It goes in there and often I will bungy cord over it and put the zip lock bag and its contents in there.

On long rides I put a Camelbak Podium Chill in the jersey.

Because I am a little thick around the middle, my jerseys tend to be a bit long and anything I put in the jersey pockets pulls it down to my butt. I find this uncomfortable and try to keep them empty as much as possible.

With the bike computer having a clock, I do not even wear a watch but I do have a Road ID band that indicates my allergies and who I am in case I get separated from my id.

If it is going to rain, I will wear or stuff in a jersey pocket a Showers Pass Elite Pro breathable rain jacket. It packs very well and is less than 9 oz. I also have a Hi Vis helmet cover for rain and visibility.

If I am going out at night, I put reflective ankle bands on from Road ID and a cheap minimalist mesh reflective vest that is small and tight from Aliexpress.

Sunglasses will always be worn if they come on the ride and I always ride with them. They either have clear lens or one of the Tifosi tinted ones (medium density red or 15% grey dark. Recently I have been wearing a Tifosi Podium sunglasses that are rimless and photo-chromatic that gets me from dusk to dawn without worry of being too dark or too light. It goes from 41% to 15% transmission.

In colder days, I put on shoe covers and tape up any venting.