View Single Post
Old 08-06-15, 03:23 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by Danbianchi881
can i put a bottle cage on my 3 speed sport?
Sure you can. All the cool people do. Do what it takes to make it more useful to you. Mine has the bottle and cage, platform pedals, a Pletscher rack, 24T Nexus cog for real world gearing, and modern blinky lights.

Here's another Sports (L23") found at the curb on trash day. Has not been worked on yet but will get the 22T Sturmey cog that was on the other bike and probably a B66 saddle.

Here's another Sports (L19") that I found specifically at the request of a neighbor who wanted something to ride around the neighborhood. This bike cost $24 at a yard sale in the mid-'90s and it was perfect. Then she let it sit in her back yard for the next 20 goddam years and recently gave it to me in this condition just to get rid of it. Makes me cry.

The prize is this 24.5" Pro frameset that I got for free from a friend. Too big for him, he bought it complete and ebayed the Campy stuff and gave me this when he realized it was in his way. I don't like what he did to the bike but I did benefit from it. No hurry to do a build on it. I did have a nice blue Pro in 24.5" many years ago but sold it to finance a more important venture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Eugene1.jpg (95.9 KB, 391 views)
Pearl together.jpg (96.9 KB, 386 views)
Cathy1.jpg (96.5 KB, 390 views)
Raleigh Pro.JPG (78.4 KB, 387 views)

Last edited by thumpism; 08-07-15 at 09:43 AM.