View Single Post
Old 08-09-15, 06:05 AM
mightymax

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
In the late 70's into the 80 s I worked at Toys R Us followed by a short stint at Children's Palace. We sold tons of Huffy bikes. The first bike I ever bought myself was a Huffy Wind. I loved that bike and still have it hanging in the garage. Just needs a tune up and it is good to go. It was retired after I bought my friend's Father's Raleigh Gran Prix. I look at it every so often and it makes me smile. I also have an Aerowind that I picked up but never rode hanging next to it. I also have the frame of a Concours. I remeber those being the most expensive Huffy's we sold and we didn't sell many of them. We assembled the bikes ourselves at the store and for some reason there was this Concours we never sold cause it was scratched. It never got disposed of through the store return goods policies. One day it was gonna be pitched into the compactor and I acquired it. I was gonna repaint it but never did but I did take the fork and headset off (at least I think I did) because I could not find it while cleaning out my Mother's house. So I am trying to remember after 35 years why we just had this frame hanging around the store and if it came home with me with it's fork etc... I would like to get it built up so it can actually be ridden at least once in my and its lifetime....
So I have nothing but love in my heart for my Huffy's. They represent a much happier and simpler time in my life

Max Bryant

Last edited by mightymax; 08-09-15 at 06:07 AM. Reason: spelling