View Single Post
Old 08-13-15, 06:13 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Last week I reached into the newspaper tube to get our paper out, from my truck. Turns out there was a wasp nest in the top/rear of the tube. One of the suckers got me three times on the left middle finger before I could even react. Since I had been stung a month previously I knew what was coming, the finger, then the back of the left hand began to swell and burn. We were out of Benadryl so I just washed it and got dressed to ride, that night I woke up at 2:30 AM with a throbbing finger/hand. Next morning I hit up my sister-in-law for a Benedryl, first thing at work. It took about an hour to feel any relief from the throbbing/swelling, and then the itching kicked in.

Made for a long few days or popping the Benedryls each morning until it went back down. Its time to see my PCP about an Epi-Pen. Holding on the the bars is hard when your hand is looking like a catcher's mitt, and its bare. Now I am the proud owner of three hard, brown, scar tissue areas from the stings, and some residual itching from time to time. I no longer have a wasp nest in our newspaper tube, either.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13