Old 08-17-15, 01:13 PM
joejack951

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1224 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by flyjimmy View Post
I try not to come off as a know it all. Sometimes it hard on line. If you found
handbrakes that he can use efficiently than I think thats great.
Hats off to Islabikes and their CNOC 14. I had little to do with the design other than buying it!

Originally Posted by flyjimmy View Post
By the way isn't great that they can ride without training wheels? We were able to go to so many places like canal trails that would have been impossible with training wheels.
For us, it's not so much that we can go new places as much as the distance we can now cover with the higher efficiency of pedaling versus kicking himself along. We went 2+ miles twice (Friday night and Sunday afternoon), distances he simply wouldn't have covered without the pedals. That he's riding without training wheels is a great satisfaction for me (and him) and will surely be useful as we branch out terrain-wise. He already loves riding up and down curbs (something I imagine would be quite difficult or dangerous with training wheels) and through any bit of dirt he can find so I'm thinking I have a future MTB'er.