Old 08-20-15, 02:32 PM
DBrown9383

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by one4smoke
I rode one for six years (still have it) and can't find one bad thing to say about it, except that it was too small for me.
I've only owned mine 5 mo. but like you, I can't find one bad thing to say about it. It's never broken down or even had a flat tire. Amazon screwed up when I ordered it so in the end I paid just $160 for it delivered after a good will partial refund. I guess the worst thing about it is the flak I get from serious cyclists. It doesn't have a free hub/cassette but the 7 speed freewheel has a good range of gears. The granny gear is super low. It's even got shimano trigger shifters instead of the twist grips found on most bikes in this price range. The components are shimano's lowest grade but hey, some of the big box store bikes have no-name components. The V-brakes work well once adjusted properly. The wheels need trued right out of the box but one would expect that. It has cheap plastic pedals but they haven't failed yet and spin easy. I want a better bike but this thing really isn't the awful dreaded throw away Schwinn that everyone is warned about. Maybe I'll keep it and upgrade the group set to Dura-Ace Di2 just to make people mad

Last edited by DBrown9383; 08-20-15 at 08:19 PM.