Old 08-28-15, 12:29 AM
Azreal911

Bikes: Wheeler Mtn bike, Strida 5.0, Tern Link Uno, FSIR Spin 2.0, Dahon Mu P8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ttakata73
I like my Strida, but I would suggest a Brompton even if its used.
The Strida folds faster but it doesn't rest without taking up the length of the bike.
It rests on its rack and will take up lots of floor space that patrons will get annoyed by.
The Brompton can rest under a table or in a shopping cart where no one will care.
if you really want very little maintenance and almost next to no grease to deal with since you are only going 1-3km and would still like a strida you can wait and go for their carbon fiber version which i think will come soon. Weighing in at 17.5 lbs it should be easy to lug that anywhere. But as for fitting in the coffee shop you should be using those loops on the handle bar to lock up the brakes and just pick a table next to the wall and lean it against it. that should take up no more than 1.5 sqft of space. If you have to lay it down across the floor then you are not utilizing it correctly. When I owned the strida I just lock up the wheels and just stand it up like a stick which takes less space than a standing person.

The carbon strida is definitely a conversation piece and would attracts alot of unwanted attention if you are a introvert, but it would probably be cheaper to go with a typical brompton.
Likes For Azreal911: